If without any company support, finding an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City can be a daunting task. Using myself as an example, I lost a lot of time and money and strength to found out my apartment.
First, I am a worker, it mean I only have time in the weekend, I cant get off anytime if the agent call me. (But they didn’t listen what I said, they often offer to me some apartments that it doesn’t match with my requirement, that s why I lost a lot of time for nothing).
Second, I saw few advertising on internet and I called them, but I must pay the fee if I want to see the apartment (of course I paid only one time), they said if this apartment is not satisfy my require then they are going to provide other one for me, but I am not patient enough to follow them day after day. Finally, I gave up that game.
Third, I was concerned about getting ripped off. I don’t have experience to find an apartment in this city. After all I decided to meet Real estate agents, who is Vietnamese, English and French speaking. With agents, you can help out with the negotiations and can follow the conversations to pick up on clues to problems in the apartments or potential wiggle room in pricing.
Finally, I was soon realize that real estate agents is necessarily for find an apartment in Ho chi minh city, but it is depend which is agents??!!
A few recommendations as you navigate through your apartment search in Ho Chi Minh City:
• You must find one agents who listen, understand what s your requirement and don’t waste your time.
• Make sure that everything in your apartment works when you check it out. Find out what is included and what isn’t. You don’t want to find out that you get no hot water in the shower, or repair every light in the firs day, or there are not sullage pit in the bath room, or the LCD television you see when you visit will be replaced by a radio!!!
• Ask about construction, take a look if your new neighbors have a coq, a big dog, or all their children always playing in the couloir, especially in Phu My Hung, district 7, Ho chi minh city.
• If it s possible, try to get clues about your neighbors or ex-renter. Do you hear noise? Dogs? Children? Partiers? What types of people live in the next door.
• What happens if you need to break the lease? Usually you will need to give up your deposit. If this is the case, negotiate what the deposit is. You don’t want to be stuck with a 4-month deposit if you can’t deal with a rat infestation that the landlord forgot to tell you about.
Need some help with your apartment search in Ho Chi Minh City or have a question about my experience to find apartment in this city and especially in Phu My Hung, let the comment or contact me in http://www.yourhomeinhcmc.com/. I will do my best to help without any fees.